Applying eyeliner is one of the most challenging makeup skills to learn, but do not fret because there are many different ways to do it. I can think of more than 10 ways to do an eyeliner, but in this video I will demonstrate the simplest way to apply it for an everyday on-the-go look, perfect for the makeup novices out there, and also a more advanced look when you have a little more time to prepare for a night out or an event. The best tip that I can give you is to get pointed cotton swabs that will help you easily erase mistakes (because we all make mistakes), sharpen the edges, and make the wings aligned. Another advice is do not be too hard on yourself because practice is really the key to applying the perfect eyeliner.
Welcoming a new year means welcoming new makeup trends! 🙂 What makeup looks am I loving this 2018? Number one in my list is still the glowing and radiant skin trend. I made sure to prep my skin with the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to make my skin plump, soft, and radiant. For the glow, I used the Cover Fx custom enhancer drops in sunlight. It is a soft gold liquid highlighter so it emanates warm radiance from the face, which brings me to another trend I am currently enjoying — gold highlighter! Thanks to Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter which rocked the makeup world at the latter part of 2017. If you’re not ready to go all out with yellow gold highlighter, you won’t regret giving pale gold a shot. Feathery brows are still roaming free this 2018 so I just brushed up my brows with benefit brow vo and and filled it in with hair like strokes with the K-palette real lasting eyebrow pen. For the lips, I went for a pop of colour and topped it off with the Kiko 3D hydra lipgloss 18. This year, you can expect radiant skin to pair well with glossy lips! I’m actually glad to set aside my ultra matte lippies as it dries up my lips and makes them appear cracked after wearing for a couple of hours. For the eyes, I used a burnt copper shimmer eye shadow from Viseart Le Petit Pro on the crease and a Kiko Milano long lasting eyebrow stick with glitter specs, because glitter on the lids is still going strong this 2018. I just can’t get enough of KiraKira! Last but not least, I am all for the rosy tan spring/summer trend, it gives you a sun kissed look without the sun!!! I used a staple in my kit, Soleil Tan de Chanel, as cream bronzer and added the Kiko Milano velvet touch creamy stick blush 02 to give me that healthy, sun kissed, and rosy glow. What make up trends are you excited to try this year?
– Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
– L’oreal True Match (G2)
– Chanel Tan de Soleil
– Kiko Milano velvet touch cream blush stick (02)
– Tarte shape tape
– Benefit Browvo
– K-palette real lasting eyebrow (01)
– Anastasia lip palette (Burnt Orange and Vibrant Coral)
– Cover Fx custom enhance drops (sunlight)
– La Mer Loose Powder
– Viseart Le Petit Pro
– Kiko Milano 3D hydra lipgloss (18)
– Kiko Milano eyebrow stick
– Makeup Forever aqua XL
– Bohktoh lashes BT02
– Kiko Milano gold eyeliner
For summer vacation this year, we went to Coron in Palawan. It is just one of the 7,107 islands in the Philippines! Why travel far when there are so much more places to explore in our own country?! The island boasts of white sand beaches, turquoise water, crystal clear lakes, enchanting lagoons, marvelous rock formations, and rich marine life — no wonder it is ranked as a top travel destination in the world!
We stayed in a villa at Club Paradise with a beach front that welcomes you as you step out of the room. I love that they serve coffee and hot chocolate for the kids every morning at the villa’s porch, where you can just relax on a hammock and listen to the sound of the waves and watch birds flying by as you sip your coffee. Snorkeling there is also a fun activity! We saw a giant clam, school of fish, stingray, octopus, and a sea turtle — the cutest of them all! We were able to book a Coron Island tour in the airport and we saw destinations like the Kayangan Lake, Twin Lagoon, and Green Lagoon. We hope to come back next time and explore the other beautiful islands!
Check out my video from the trip! Aside from showing you snippets of our Coron adventure, I will also show you how I get ready for the beach (with kids in tow) and my usual beach makeup routine. It is very light and natural! I used Benefit products for this video — it’s the makeup brand I use on my days off because it is so easy and simple to use. This one is special because it’s my first travel + makeup video! I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it!
- Boiing Airbrush Concealer (1)
- Goof Proof Brow Pencil (3)
- Browvo Conditioning Primer
- Precisely My Brow Pencil
- GoGo Tint (will be available in SEAsia sometime this year)
- Watts Up Highlighter
You have probably seen countless sponsored videos on Facebook and Instagram that demonstrates microblading of brows, also known as the 3D Eyebrow Embroidery. It’s quite mesmerising to see none existent Whoopi Goldberg eyebrows transform into Cara Delevingne eyebrows. It’s a huge leap from the old school permanent tattooed eyebrows that becomes greenish blue after quite some time. I like how micro bladed brows look if done well, but I have also seen horror stories online of microblading gone wrong! So if you are like me, who just simply can’t commit to one eyebrow look for 2 full years, and don’t mind filling in your brows with makeup (the makeup geek in me actually enjoys it :P), Here’s another option you can do with makeup to achieve that microbladed eyebrow look! I just find a sense of comfort knowing that I can erase anything I put on my face at the end of the day. lol.
For this video, I used:
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in shade 3
- K-palette Real Lasting Eyebrow in shade 1 (don’t go too dark to achieve a natural look)
- Benefit Browvo! Conditioning Primer
The makeup world is far from over the strobing craze. These days, it’s all about highlighting, glowing, and the lit from within look – the brighter the highlighter, the better! I am taking the look a notch higher by creating this editorial look and adding sparkles! Yes, because highlighting is simply too basic for me right now. lol! Another huge spring makeup trend now that I demonstrated in the video is the tonal or monochromatic makeup. This is when your lipstick, blush, and eye shadow, are all in the same colour family. I have been doing this style for a very long time now, and in the makeup world things get hyped up and it becomes a “trend.” Same goes for highlighting, it’s very big right now, even a tad bit exaggerated, yet still a very old makeup artist technique.
This look is an editorial look and is not meant to be worn as an everyday look. lol. It’s just a fun way to play with makeup. Just a reminder Beautylistas, Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle and blind the haters with your glow! 😛
- Lemongrass House Lavender Face Mist
- Armani Luminous Silk Foundation + Argan Oil
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
- Benefit 3D Browtones
- Benefit They’re real double the lip lipstick
- Cover FX custom enhancer drops in Celestial
- Lucas Papaw
- Body Shop Sparkler
- Nuxe Oil (Huile Prodigieuse)
Colors like pink, red, and burgundy, placed on the peepers are popular these days. There are several beauty companies making new eyeshadow palettes with red undertones. For this look, I am using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette. It has a lot of beautiful rich reds mixed with warm browns and champagne shimmers. For those who do not have these modern eyeshadows, you may use your lipstick or lipliner to achieve this eye look. I suggest using a matte lipstick rather than something glossy or satin, unless you’re going for the glossy editorial eye look. Just make sure that it isn’t infused with peppermint, we don’t want our eyes to sting! Don’t you think it’s perfect to have that pop of pink or red during Valentine’s Day?
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
- RMK Creamy Gel Foundation (102)
- Benefit Browvo Eyebrow Primer
- 24H Eyebrow pencil and liquid
- Charlotte Tilbury (Love Liberty)
- Modern Renaissance Palette
- MAC Prolongwear Concealer
- Katvond Eyeliner and MAybelline Gel Liner
- Fairy Drops Platinum Mascara
- Tarte Off the Cuff Blush Palette
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette
- Dolly Wink Eyelash Glue
- Mac Fix Plus Spray
Special Appearance by Figaro
Tips on how to create pixel make-up:
- The key to creating pixel makeup is to make little square shapes on your face.
- All your facial features should have square edges. For this look, I used a very precise waterproof liquid liner (kat von d) on the eyes to draw tiny squares on that small area near the top and bottom lashes. For the brows, I just used a black eyeliner to draw on my pixelated brows.
- Use different brown tones to create the square pixel effect. Having a concealer wheel or palette is perfect for this look. I used 3 colors of dark to light concealer here. I placed the darkest color on the areas where I would normally contour my face, like the jawline and hollows of the cheek, then I created a gradient square effect using the lighter colors.
- Set with translucent powder to prevent oil buildup and also so that it will last the whole night.
- For the lips, I used about 4 colors of lipstick. It’s best to use liquid lipsticks so it won’t smudge and mix together after while.
Here is a quick pixel lip demo:
That’s it! Hope you have fun creating this look as much as I did! 🙂 Happy Halloween!