Tips on how to create pixel make-up:
- The key to creating pixel makeup is to make little square shapes on your face.
- All your facial features should have square edges. For this look, I used a very precise waterproof liquid liner (kat von d) on the eyes to draw tiny squares on that small area near the top and bottom lashes. For the brows, I just used a black eyeliner to draw on my pixelated brows.
- Use different brown tones to create the square pixel effect. Having a concealer wheel or palette is perfect for this look. I used 3 colors of dark to light concealer here. I placed the darkest color on the areas where I would normally contour my face, like the jawline and hollows of the cheek, then I created a gradient square effect using the lighter colors.
- Set with translucent powder to prevent oil buildup and also so that it will last the whole night.
- For the lips, I used about 4 colors of lipstick. It’s best to use liquid lipsticks so it won’t smudge and mix together after while.
Here is a quick pixel lip demo:
That’s it! Hope you have fun creating this look as much as I did! 🙂 Happy Halloween!