My favourite make-up trend from last year was strobing, also known as highlighting. It has reached its popularity last 2015, but is really nothing new in the make-up world. Make-up artists have been doing this technique from time immemorial. The principle is to highlight areas of the face that you want to come forward like the upper cheekbones, bridge of the nose, center of the forehead, cupid’s bow, and the chin. This technique highlights the high points of your face and makes you glow on the right places.
Now 2016 is the year of the glow. Strobing and luminous skin will still be on trend, that is why copious cosmetic companies are coming up with more luminous and dewy foundations and highlighting products. In this tutorial, I will start with a moisturiser on my dry areas, then after that, I will apply the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, followed by my RMK foundation mixed with a bit of creamy gold liquid product, Wonder Glow by Charlotte Tilbury. Now watch the video to see how I apply the rest of the products to achieve a glowing/strobing look!
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer (Avaialble in Rustan’s Glorietta)
- RMK Creamy Gel + Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow
- Beauty Blender + MAC Prep+Prime Fix
- Benefit Posietint (Available in Greenbelt)
- Cinema Secrets Concealer (Available in Landmark)
- Laura Mecier Translucent Powder (Avaialble in Rustan’s Glorietta)
- Laneige Cushion Highlighter (available in SM Aura)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector
- Christian Louboutin Sheer Voile in Petal Rose
- Guerlain Perles des Neiges Meteorites (Available in Greenbelt)