Congratulations to Miss Philippines Universe, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, for winning the Miss Universe 2015 title! She represented our country incredibly well, and I cannot help but be proud of her! She was intelligent, fierce, elegant, humble, and confidently beautiful (with a heart) during the pageant, definitely the epitome of the modern Filipina. The awkward mishap of Steve Harvey when he announced the wrong Miss Universe winner made the triumph a lot more memorable. Finally, after 42 years, the Philippines wins the Miss Universe title once again!
Today, I will be sharing with you my very first celebrity inspired make-up tutorial. This tutorial is not meant for me to look like Pia. It is just an attempt to recreate the make-up she wore during the pageant. Pageant and stage make-up involve more contouring and strategic placing of make-up products so that the features of the face will not be washed out amidst all the stage lights. I like how her make-up looked good on stage yet still remained natural looking. Kudos to her hands on talented make-up artist, Gery Penaso, for training her here and even guiding her with her make-up through whatsapp despite being continents away from each other.
The colours that she used, based on what I observed on TV, were leaning more on warm tones. Brown tones on eyes, false lashes, terracotta colour on the lips with bright coral at the center, and peach on cheeks. Without further ado, let me show you my version of the Miss Universe 2015 make-up! Enjoy!
Please excuse the inconsistent audio. iMovie had a glitch that I could not fix. ✌🏼️
- Base: RMK Creamy Gel foundation (102) and Too Faced Born This Way foundation (light beige) for slight contouring
- Concealer: Cinema Secrets and Radiant Creamy Concealer (custard)
- Beauty blender spritzed with MAC fix to blend make-up
- Soleil Tan de Chanel as bronzing make-up base
- Kiko Contouring Pencil
- Eyebrow pencil: Shu Uemura Hard Formula (acorn and walnut brown)
- Blush: Tarte Dazzled and Peach
- Powder: Shu Uemura translucent powder
- Eyeshadow: sunrise, sunset, warmth on crease from IT Naturally Pretty Palette
- Eyeliner: MAybelline Gel eyeliner
- Mascara: Waterproof Volum’ Express
- Lips: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Pillow Talk, KISSING stoned rose and coachella coral lipstick, and pink buxom gloss.
- Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (moon stone)