One more day until Halloween! You can still be Joy from Inside Out! Excited to show you guys this collaboration with my daughter Mariana! You will see her excitement during make-up application! heehee! Scroll down to see the tutorial video!
Inside Out was such a big hit this year! Children and adults alike enjoyed watching it. I know I did! My daughter wanted to be Joy from the movie, so the day before her party, we went to SM to buy the wig. It was P1399, quite expensive i know but we were in a rush and the length was perfect so we just bought it at the drop of a hat. We also went to landmark to buy a green dress. Luckily, they had a dress in the same colour as Joy’s dress in the movie, also with similar blue prints! Best part is that it was only P100+! The yellow snazaroo face and body paint was from Toy Kingdom in SM Aura (P249.)
Fast forward to the party, and Mariana won best costume!!! Yay! I felt like I won best mom award too. lol! Don’t get me wrong, I have had my boo-boo moments too! A few weeks back, I forgot that it was Helena’s halloween party in school! Fortunately, we just live 5 minutes away from her school so she did not feel bad about waiting for her costume to arrive. I felt so terrible – worst mom award! Good thing my playful and happy daughter didn’t mind! 🙂
Here are the photos from Mariana’s halloween party:
See how to recreate this look for Halloween:
Number one tip on children’s make up: Work as fast as possible!!!! 🙂
- Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation mixed with Yellow Snazaroo face paint for the face.
- Yellow Snazaroo applied with a wet Real Techniques buffing brush for the body.
- Brows: Stila Smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in Peacock.
- Tarte blush: Doll Face.
- Blue cream shadow from MUFE Flash Palette, and used Urban Decay’s Chaos from Vice Palette to set it.
- MUFE HD Powder to set make-up.
- Occ Liptar in Nylon on the lips.