The holidays and semestral break are nearing, and I am sure a lot of you will be packing your bags to have quick getaways before going back to the daily grind. So, I thought it might be nice to share with you my make up must haves for traveling. Number one, your make-up should last all day so make sure your make up items are long wearing and smudge proof. Number two, as much as possible, pack light! Airport security is very strict with hand carrying liquids. You are only allowed to pack liquids not exceeding 100ml per container, and all your items must fit in a resealable 1 quart sized transparent plastic bag, so just bring the essentials and get ready to go!
What was in my travel make-up kit?
- RMK creamy gel foundation – Despite the semi-dewy finish, this foundation lasts all day on me.
- Tarte Palette – This is one of my favourite palettes. There’s a variety of warm and cool blush shades to choose from which makes it easy to match with any lip colour. Plus, it has a contour shade as well, which i also use on my eye crease to create depth on my lids.
- Shu Uemura Hard Formula in Acorn – Natural and defined brows are a must for me, and this gets the job done.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – I use this for a quick and brightening concealing. It has light coverage, goes on smooth, and does not crease.
- Maybelline Gel Liner – My tried and tested smudge free gel liner. It is affordable, and lasts from day to night without looking like a raccoon at the end of the day.
- Purple Maybelline Mascara – The affordable falsies volume’ express waterproof mascara adds volume to the lashes.
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler – Of course, I reckon all beautylistas have heard of this eyelash curler. Curling the lashes makes a huge difference in opening up the eyes.
- Chanel Les Beiges – This is great to set my foundation in place and also creates a very smooth and velvety finish. It also blurs the pores.
- Cetaphil Daylong Face and Body Sunblock – When traveling (especially during summertime,) it is a must to protect your skin. I like this water resistant, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic sunblock that was sent to me by SampleroomPH.
- Long wearing lipsticks – I chose my favourite matte lipsticks, as these are the ones that last long. I only re-apply my lipstick after every meal. Other than that, I am picture ready!
I could not wear much eye make-up because I just had lasik surgery so having multiple choices of lip colours enabled me to have varying looks throughout the trip. Below are some of the long wearing lipsticks I brought with me, and also photos from the trip where I used those babies in action!
Too Faced Melted Peony
Charlotte Tilbury Bond Girl
MAC Nouvelle Vogue
Other lipsticks I brought with me that were not included in the photos above are the MAC Ruby Woo – a classic red colour that suits most skin tones, and the Too Faced Melted Nude – a perfect peachy nude colour. The OCC liptars are long wearing, but you will still need to pack a lip brush with you for retouching. In my opinion, it is still more convenient to bring the lipstick tubes because you can conveniently just apply the lipstick straight from the bullet. When traveling, try to apply make-up as quickly as you can. I usually give myself about 15 minutes. Please do not be that travel partner who spends hours getting ready! Remember, exploring and discovering new places must be the number one priority! That’s about it! Carpe Diem and safe travels!